Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Baby on the way!

Here we see the heartbeat but couldn't hear it. Once the doctor got the baby on the screen we saw the heartbeat instantly. 
Here is where we heard the fast little heartbeat. Greatest moment in our lives. Shaun through his arms in the air and yelled "YES!"
Here is our cute little bean, still very very little
And here is the baby again
 Many of you have been following our painful journey to try and get pregnant so we thought we'd announce the birth of our baby as a blogger exclusive for now. I am 7 weeks, which is still early but this Monday we had a doctors appointment and we were able to see and hear the heartbeat. My levels are great and this is the furthest I have ever made it. Seeing the heartbeat decreased my chances of miscarrying 90%, which of course still leaves 10% but that 90% decrease was music to my ears and the number we are focusing on! I am nauseas pretty much everyday, but I love every minute of it because it lets me know this baby is in their growing. We feel extremely blessed because although we have not done anything to prevent a baby this was completely unexpected given the fact that next to keeping the baby, getting pregnant is very difficult. I am on several different things to keep this baby growing, this includes: Prenatals, folic acid (in addition to the prenatals), a B-complex vitamin, baby aspirin, progesterone, and I also have to have two shots of heparin a day. Praying everyday this baby will be coming to us this November. We feel so blessed!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats a million! I'm paying all stays well with you and that baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Shaun & Alyssa! We are so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That is just the best news! I hope you know you have my prayers too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so wonderful to hear, we will keep you in our prayers. Congrats and love you!

    ReplyDelete