Saturday, December 5, 2009

Tis the Season..


This is our FIRST year decorating for Christmas! Yes, Shaun and I have almost been married for TWO years, but we got married so close to Christmas that the first year we didn't decorate, and the second year we moved and were living with my Grandparents during the Christmas season. This year we bought out FIRST Christmas tree together, pre-lit and the perfect size for only $35.00! We were pretty excited. We have also started our own tradition. I am sure everyone knows that Christmas decorations are the cheapest AFTER Christmas so we had the idea to add new ornaments to our tree every year! We have a few decoration just from the years leading up to this Christmas, and this year we bought the red bulbs for out tree. This is the start, and next year we will have something new added to our tree. The purpose of this is to watch our tree grow every year just like our family.
I am also a huge wreath fan and I did not have a wreath for Christmas! So trying to find the cheapest way to do it, I made my own! I also made my own garland with a few things from the dollar store.
....and even though we have never decorated for Christmas we have more Christmas decorations then we do for any other holiday! A lot of our decorations coming from family throughout the past two years and we have also collected here and there when we found the after Christmas deals!












4 comments:

  1. Alyssa,
    It's Melina---I am doing a christmas project and I was hoping you could email me a picture of yourself! :) PLEASE! melinatread@hotmail.com
    I love the tree and the decorations--Merry Christmas to you and Shaun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW---how awesome... Alyssa you are like my college roommates that I envy--their houses are decorated so cute for EACH holiday and Christmas being one of my favorites..I LOVE what you've done with your place! I guess we just haven't been the in the place financially to do those things yet but maybe next year?? Oh wait--we're in med school! Maybe I could save up a little each month to do it next year--that is, with your help!! You in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodi, most of my decorations were presents for Christmas and some for our wedding, but the stuff we did by we bought a here and there. Go to the after Christmas sales! That is why Shaun and I decided to build our tree up, because we really cant afford to go out and buy a bunch of Christmas tree decoration...not even a star haha...but we did want a tree. Every year we will just add to our collection, and it really is cheaper. So even if you dont have decorations now, go out and buy one, two, maybe three things after Christmas and buying three will probably cost as much as one decoration had you bought it before. OH! and I get a lot of decorations from the dollar store! Like all the things in my garland, and our stocking holders! I wish you still lived close cause we could make stuff together SOO cheap!

    ReplyDelete