Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011

This is how everyday is <3

I love Valentine's Day! I love the color scheme, I love what it means, and I love that it is one day set aside so loved ones everywhere can remind each other of their love. Sometimes life gets so busy and it seems Shaun and I are always passing each other as we go in and out, so today we took full advantage of the day and made sure we both knew how the other felt. Our day started with me getting up early in the morning to heart attack Shaun's car. It was so much fun because I am never able to surprise Shaun, but this year I pulled it off, TWICE! We both worked today but when I got home I quickly prepared Shaun's next surprise, where I cut out several hearts and wrote some of the reasons I love him, which went as follows:
I love you because......
You support me in everything I do
You work hard
We will make cute babies
You make me laugh everyday
You always tell me you love me
etc..
and I gave him a card with an itunes card in it. He surprised me with a pound of see's chocolate, a big stuffed ladybug, and my favorite roses (white with a red tip= The white rose signifies purity, and the red rose signifies passionate love; the combination of the two colors together conveys both meanings. It also implies a form of unity between the giver and the receive)

After we finished giving each other our gifts I prepared a four course meal that included, soup, salad, and main course of steak, lobster, asparagus, seasoned potatoes, and garlic bread, and dessert was cheesecake and chocolate covered strawberries, all with our favorite drink of Sparkling Apple Cider!
Our table setting
The main course


Shaun's gift

The reasons I love him...there are many more, but I ran out of time :)





Today was an amazing day, and I am so grateful for my husband, and so in love with him! He makes me so happy, and I look forward to many more Valentine's Days spent with him.

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm having posting problems! I just wrote you something and blogger had an error! Grrr...

    Anyway, what a fantastic way to celebrate! Glad to see the holiday is still celebrated despite being busy! We didn't do much this year--date Saturday and sticker books for the girls! Oh and we did homemade hearts that are ALL over the walls/doors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE CUTE pictures girl!!! Love it all!!!

    ReplyDelete