Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Diagnosis

Most of you readers know that Shaun and I have been trying to get pregnant for a little over 3 years now, with two miscarriages, and a rough time getting pregnant. I've been on clomid for 5 months and it hasn't worked yet. Frustrated, I finally decided to go to the Utah fertility clinic where they specialize in infertility. This was a bitter sweet appointment but it gave us plenty of answers and we were able to form a better game plan. At this appointment I found out that I have PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome) which causes hormone imbalance among other things. It has been the main cause for my miscarriages, but now that they know this they know what I need in order to have a successful pregnancy. I will be starting on clomid and shots in a few weeks and then once things look really promising the doctor will do an IUI (intrauterine insemination) which will increase our chances of getting pregnant to about a 40% which is a lot better than the 5% I am at now or the average 20%. We are hopeful that this will lead to a very happy ending.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you were able to get a diagnosis and I will keep you two in my prayers. If there was ever a couple more deserving of a baby it's you guys! :)♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Amy, we really appreciate it! <3

    ReplyDelete