Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Start of Our Fertility Journey

As many know, Shaun and I have been trying to get pregnant for almost 3 years being successful only twice and unfortunately loosing both of those pregnancies. It has not been an easy feat, and it has tested my faith more than I ever thought possible. I love children, I am the oldest our of seven children, and I have baby-sat for so many families since the age of 11. I never thought I would have such a hard time getting pregnant and carrying a baby full term.Well before now we didn't have insurance to really pursue help in trying to figure out what was going on. Fortunately September of this year we got insurance through my company for the first time since we got married, and I am happy to say it was the best decision ever! Fortunately for us we have found that the problem might be easily correctable and we do not have to go through some of the extensive fertility treatments we have witnessed a few close family and friends go through. For this, we are very grateful and feel very blessed. After a lot of discussion with one another and my doctor we have decided right now, a fertility drug known as Clomid would be the best start. It is a pill that most of the time corrects weak ovulation and helps with conception. Now I share all of this because I ask that you keep our little family in your prayers as we continue on this long journey to expanding our family. Being parents is our biggest dream. We understand these things are up to the Lord and for me I have had to learn a lot of patience and I have learned that sometimes, even when we don't want to, we must put these things in the hands of the Lord and put all our faith in him. This we have done, and we are hoping the time will come soon...

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed all your updates!
    Y'all are definitely in our thoughts and prayers through your journey.
    Cute house, YAY for a BYU winning game :)
    and that lake powell trip!! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...you will be in my prayers. My sister had to take Clomid and I had two miscarriages also, so I know somewhat how you feel. I wish you the best in this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great updates! Thanks! Keep up the faith! It isn't easy but it will definitely be worth it! You guys will make great parents someday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you both want a family, I will keep you in my prayers. You would make a great mom.
    Love you Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys deserve the best and we will keep you in our family prayers. Love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete