Thursday, July 12, 2012

Time goes by so fast, the moment comes and the moment passes by in the blink of an eye

Although this is hard to write about without crying, probably more because I am pregnant, but also because I am the oldest out of seven children and I have watched each one of my siblings grow up into great individuals and I couldn't be more proud of all of them. One advantage of being the oldest is being able to watch your siblings go from one stage of life to the next rooting them on in their adventures. That time has come when my little brother (not so little anymore, in fact taller than me) has turned 19 and he will be venturing out into the world as a missionary representing our church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. He has chosen to spend two years of his life serving the Lord and has been called to do so in the Texas, San Antonio Mission.  He is the first of my siblings to go on a mission (because he is the oldest boy). My brother inspires me through his example, his hard work, his willingness to serve and his testimony of the gospel. I am quite a bit older than him so we have never been super duper close but this kid is amazing! It's so weird that I won't be able to just call him up or text him whenever I want, and more than anything it will be so weird having a piece of our family missing but I am so excited for him and the fact that he will be an excellent missionary. I pray that the people of San Antonio Texas will take care of my little brother and be his family while he is away. Joshua, I love you so much and I am so proud of you and the decision you have made to serve a mission. You are so awesome and you will inspire and lift up many! 
"You're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
So...get on your way!"
-Dr. Suess-










Getting fitted for his suit pants for his mission
Also getting fitted for his suite jacket for his mission

Most of the family after church on the day he gave his talk in his Orem ward

1 comment:

  1. Yes Alyssa being the oldest is something you have embraced well. You definitely know what it feels like to be a mom as she watches her children grow. I am so glad I know this cute little boy too! I remember when he was born and I too am sooooo proud of how much he has grown up but it definitely time for him to "get on his way" and go serve the people in Texas. He is going to be an Awesome missionary.

    ReplyDelete