Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pumpkin Carving


Last night Shaun and I carved our pumpkins for out family night. Even though we have been married for almost to years this was our FIRST year carving pumpkins as a family! Last year we got pumpkins but never seemed to have time to carve them so they just sat and looked pretty through the fall season.
This year we got amazing pumpkins and we got a pumpkin carving kit that had some great templates. After picking out out templates we worked away. Shaun chose a very difficult Haunted House template, and I chose a spider and spider web...boy did we not realize what we were in for!!!
However, after A LOT of Pumpkin seed, a couple hundred dots made through paper, and sawing with knives that were either two big or two little, and aching hand...WE FINISHED!! It was totally worth it. I was so excited to light our pumpkins and set them outside to show off!
Shaun's looks so much cooler when it is all lit up because you can see al the details!
Shaun's Pumpkin ALL FINISHED!!!
My Pumpkin ALL FINISHED!!!
I love Pumpkin Carving!
You can't tell but I had my tongue sticking out concentrating really hard
Shaun working away making lots of dots!
AFTER
BEFORE
Shaun pulling out the pumpkin guts....only at the start of a long project

1 comment: