Sunday, November 1, 2009

Costume Making and Game Playing


Last Sunday Shaun and I were invited by my Aunt Heather (my mom's sister) to come over for dinner. After eating a very yummy dinner my Aunt helped me create my Halloween costume and by help I mean all I did was pin a little here and cut a little there....and she did the rest. Sewing is not something I learned, #1 because my mother doesn't like to sew and #2 I DO NOT have the patience for it (which is probably why my mother doesn't sew, she lacks the patience too...). Thank goodness for two Aunts and a Grandma that can sew and are all pretty darn good at it. A while back Shaun and I were searching for Halloween Costumes and we found a "Jailhouse Rock Elvis" Costume that Shaun really liked and it was decently priced, and we did find a costume I really liked, a "Prison Princess," only downside was that it cost 50 dollars, so we decided finding a pattern and fabric would be a better choice. It turned out to be easier then I thought...we found a great pattern at Walmart, and my Aunt already had fabric that was black and white striped! SUCESS! So after a long night of cutting patterns, pinning, then cutting some more, and then sewing everything together it all came together! Afterwards we decided it would be fun to play Apples to Apples! This proved to be fun and interesting all at the same time. You could tell the more rounds we played the more tired and goofy we got.

So thank you Heather and Burton for inviting us over for dinner and a game! Thanks Burton and Shaun for making the game that much interesting, and THANK YOU Aunt Heather for making my amazing costume for me!
The Start
The Finished
Oh dear....what to do when this is what you have to work with for 'Shy'!?????
The Men concentrating pretty hard
Heather wondering if she put the perfect card down...or NOT!

And there he is folks...Mr. Sexy himself! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment