Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A fun week in Logan

It has been awhile since I have updated our blog even with so much that has gone on. The second week of July my parents came to Utah from California to take my brothers and sister to EFY and to visit family. Because my brothers and sisters went to EFY at Utah State in Logan my family stayed in Logan for the week. Shaun was working a lot that week, and I had just gotten over the worst of mono so they invited me to come up with them. I had a blast to say the least! I got to spend a lot of time with my baby sister, Katelyn, and my parents, which I loved! Little blurry, but this is when Katelyn and I were getting bored in the car...when she wasn't playing on my phoneThis is Katelyn on my iPhone...This is how we entertained her while driving everywhere
I used to hate family outings, and going to different museums and tours, etc. Growing up has deifnitly had its advantages. All of my family right before Emilee, Joshua, Jacob went to EFY
I had no idea Logan had so many awesome things to offer. While there we went and saw how artisan bread is made and we got samples and then we bought the most amazing garlic bread in the world! We also went to the Bluebird Candy Co. where we got to go on a tour and see how they make their chocolates. It was awesome! Chocolate galore!! We also went and saw how honey was made and got to try an assortment of flavored honey, we went to the Pepperidge farm where they make goldfish and all the yummy cookies! We didnt get a tour but we got a lot of goldfish and cookies for an awesome cheap price!!Hard to see cause of the plastic but it is a huge cart of Goldfish..LOTS OF SMILES!
And of course we couldn't forget the legendary Aggie Creamery where we had delicious ice cream and got to see how cheese was made. So not only did we learn a lot, we also had great food!
On one of the days we went up to Preston, Idaho to visit my Great Grandma Neeley who is in a Nursing home..or something like it. On our way there we passed Whitney, Idaho, where President Ezra Taft Benson was born.
On the last day I was there they had their sidewalk sale which was also another cool thing to see. There were so many great things for cheap and it was fun to see all the cute shops. I never knew Logan could be so awesome, and now more than ever I am determined to live their someday. I can't wait to take Shaun to all the fabulous places I visited with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment