Thursday, June 3, 2010

Viva Las Vegas!!!- Shark Reef Aquarium

Shaun's birthday present from my parents, was two tickets to the Shark Reef Aquarium. We were really excited to do this and we saved it till the last day so could spread the trip out and keep the fun going until the very last minute!
The Piranas! They had a Aquarium worker standing by the Piranas....must tell you how dangerous they are if they are afraid to leave the area unattended...that and people can be so dumb!
We got to touch the Manta-Rays, it was so cool! 
 
They have an exhibit with the largest Octopus...I think in the world, I could be wrong, but it was no where to be seen. I am thinking largest Octopus has got to be pretty large and I was shocked no one could find it. SO I WAS DETERMINED! It took a couple minutes but I finally spotted part of it and let me just tell you, I am AMAZED at how this huge thing could get itself into such a small area! If you look closely you will see it's tentacle curved in almost the middle of the picture!
At the end of the exhibit you walked through a tunnel where you could see sharks swimming over you. I wasn't super impressed...I guess I was expecting a Jaws sized Shark...which is dumb cause I know that then we'd all be in danger...but it still would have been cool.
This picture was in the Shark Aquarium Gift Shop. Sue (Shaun's Step mom) LOVES Flamingos and we saw this, so Shaun modeled it for her- SO CUTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment