Thursday, November 3, 2011

Disneyland Trip

In October we had Fall break at school on the 17th and 18th and we decided to take this opportunity to really get away from school and work and have some fun! We spent the weekend visiting family and having a blast with them, and then Sunday we drove down to Anaheim where we stayed in a less than desirable hotel with Shaun's amazing dad and step mom. We went with them to Disneyland on Monday the 17th and had so much fun riding several rides, eating the Disney cuisine...like Mexican food that wasn't really Mexican food ;). Shaun had never been to California Adventure so that is where we spent most of the day Monday. By the end of the day Monday we were pooped! We all decided the hot tub is where our feet needed to be. One Tuesday Shaun and I spent another day at both Disneyland and California Adventure where we had a great time on our "date." We spent Tuesday going on rides we had missed the day before and going to the Aladdin show, which I think is a must see for anyone visiting California Adventure. We also went to a Drawing workshop near Off The Page in California Adventure where we learned how to draw Daisy duck, and I learned my new found talent for drawing! This truly was a divine get a away and we loved every minute of it.
Shaun and Sue buggin around at the Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney!
I loved all the Halloween Decorations that filled Disneyland! 
My very adorable husband and I waiting to get on Storybook land (a ride Shaun had never been on...WHAT?!?!)
My gorgeous Mother-in law and I in line (same line as above) 
Shaun and his dad, Jason
On Hollywood Tower of Terror. I tried to do a cool pose but I chickened out. 
Shaun and I...and some creeper in the background. I am sure we are waiting in a line somewhere. 
Shaun LOVES Clam Chowder, especially in a sour dough bowl! 
Our sourdough Micky head. It was delicious! 
My Art- Daisy Duck! 
I hate roller-coasters, can you tell?
One the right-me now. On the left- me in 60 years. Guess I'll start applying the wrinkly cream now! 
On our way home we stopped at the South Point Hotel in Las Vegas and ate at a restaurant called Steak N' Shake, a place his mother told us about. It was so yummy! They had great service, great food, great shakes, and best of all GREAT PRICES! We even lucked out and went during happy hour so we got half off shakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment