Thursday, February 7, 2013

A Missionary Farewell and a Funeral

My brother, Joshua, left for the MTC on August 8, 2012 and left for San Antonio, TX on August 29th. He is doing so great on his mission. He is such an example to me and I miss him so much! He is a strong, intelligent young man. He has been in Taylor, TX since he got to San Antonio and he is preparing to transfer the week of Valentine's Day.

His last phone call with our mom


Dropping him off at the MTC. Love this kid!
Shortly after Joshua left for his mission we said I very bittersweet good bye to my Great Grandpa we call Papaw. After dealing with a very painful sore his body finally shut down and the Lord felt it was finally time to take him back home. This was bitter sweet because my Papaw was not happy on this earth any longer. His memory of most of the past and much of the present was gone and he no longer knew who many of us were. He was an amazing man that every man should want to be like. He had an amazing sense of humor right up to the end. He is my shining star and one of my favorite people and I am just sure he stood right next to my baby girl until she made her way down to us. His service was beautiful. He was a veteran so they presented my Great Grandma with the flag that had been draped over his casket. It was a beautiful day filled with love, laughter and so many memories.








No comments:

Post a Comment