Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Little sicky

Thanks to Walmart our family, well I guess I should just say Shaun and Addyson, were hit with the cold. I really didn't know how much I hated colds and sickness until Addyson got sick. There are very few things worse than having to watch your child in pain. When she cries I try hard not to cry right along with her. These are the times I wish she could tell me what hurts. It being RSV season brings a whole new element to this fun game. I am constantly watching her breathe and waking up at night to check on her just hoping, wishing, praying that she doesn't have RSV. They tested her for it at the doctors and let me tell you, that phone call with the test results can not come soon enough! Why? Because if she doesn't have RSV we might be in the clear but if she does have RSV things get a little less fun. I always thought I had this mom thing down pat... Everyone asks me how I like it, and of it's difficult and I always reply confidently "I love everything about it! I can't imagine anything better!" ... Well folks, although that is still MOSTLY true I do loathe one thing, a sick baby. Nothing like a sick baby to test all parenting skills and make you want to crawl in a ball hoping you can just wish away the sick. My least favorite words said by a doctor: "all you can do is just let it pass." Why thanks Doc. Next time my baby is screaming in pain I will just calmly say to her "I'm sorry Addy, all we can do is just let it pass." Poor baby,
All she wants is to be able to breathe comfortably through her nose and not have her daily meals consist of half formula and half mucus. Although I'm a raging mess I do know one thing from all my schooling..babies are resilient and they are definitely troopers. Despite Addyson's sick eyes and her cute roses cheeks she still manages a smile. Tonight she had a bath and she was all smiles. It's been a few days since we have seen her that happy! So for now, we will just pray for a fast recovery for her and Shaun.



No comments:

Post a Comment