Thursday, February 14, 2013

RSV...oh what fun!

This morning I got a call from the doctors letting me know that Addyson's test result came back positive for RSV. Yuck! I was hoping we wouldn't have to face this it illness but low and behold, here it is rearing its ugly head. Addyson already had a doctors appointment scheduled today so we went in to see how she is doing. So far so good. She is congested, doesn't really want to eat a whole lot and has a little crackling in her lung on the right side...pretty much what we expected. After the doctors we were told to go to the hospital to the RSV clinic where they sucked all the yucky stuff out. TMI but her snot is thin and white and the doc told us that is a good sign. Yay!
I wasn't able to protect her from this nasty bug like I had hoped, but from the very beginning when her stuffy nose started I was spraying saline up her nose and sucking her snot out on a regular basis, we have a humidifier going every night, we have been giving her fenugreek tea(a tea that expels mucus) and I have been rubbing an essential oil on her chest. The doctor told me doing all of that is most likely the reason she is not worse than she is. As a parent and feeling completely helpless while my baby is sick I kind of wanted to do a little dance. We are still not out of the woods but we are praying she will only get better from here. So far she hasn't had a fever and her oxygen levels are great...so here's to hoping! Luckily her Nana (my mom) and her Great Grandma will be here soon to give her extra love and attention while Shaun and I work on moving from one place to the next.



No comments:

Post a Comment